A golden rule book to parenting best practices, What Great Parents Do concisely presents key strategies to help parents reshape kids' challenging behaviors, create strong family bonds, and guide children toward becoming happy, kind, responsible adults.
What Great Parents Do is an everything-you-need-to-know road map for parenting that you will consult again and again. Psychologist Erica Reischer draws on research in child development and cognitive science to distill the best information about parenting today into bite-size pieces with real examples, useful tips, and tools and techniques that parents can apply right away. This book will show you how to do what great parents do so well, including:
- Great parents start with empathy
- Great parents accept their kids just as they are
- Great parents avoid power struggles
- Great parents see the goal of discipline as learning, not punishment
- Great parents know they aren't perfect
A toolbox of the most effective parenting strategies, What Great Parents Do is accessible, actionable, and easy to follow.
From the Trade Paperback edition.